Dr. Kazi Sabiruddin
Faculty Name: Dr. Kazi Sabiruddin
Designation: Associate Professor
Laboratory: Metallography lab (Scandium, 101A)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: +917324306516
Research Areas: Surface Engineering, Manufacturing
Dr. Kazi is an Associate Professor in the Discipline of Mechanical Engineering IIT Indore . He has joined IIT Indore in 2011 as an assistant professor. Prior to the joining of IIT Indore he served BIT Mesra and JUET Guna. He holds a doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (2009). His specialization is “thermally sprayed ceramic coatings for tribo-mechanical applications”. He also continues research in the board area of manufacturing. He is an M.Tech in Production Engineering (2006, Specialization: Tool Engineering) and a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (2003).
- Machining Science and Metrology
- Advance Manufacturing processes
- Technology of surface coatings
Published papers in referred journals
- Kazi Sabiruddin, Santanu Das, Anirban Bhattacharya, Application of the Analytic Hierarchy Process for Optimization of process parameters in GMAW, Indian Welding Journal, January, 2009, Vol. 42, No. 9, pp. 38-46.
- K. Poorna Chander, M. Vashista, Kazi Sabiruddin, S. Paul, P.P. Bandyopadhyay, Effects of grit blasting on surface properties of steel substrates, Materials and Design (impact factor: 2.913), Volume 30, Issue 8, September 2009, Pages 2895-2902.
- Kazi Sabiruddin, J. Joardar, P.P. Bandyopadhyay, Analysis of phase transformation in plasma sprayed alumina coatings using Rietveld refinement, Surface and Coatings Technology (impact factor: 1.941), Volume 204, Issue 20, 15 July 2010, Pages 3248-3253.
- Kazi Sabiruddin, P. P. Bandyopadhyay, Giovanni Bolelli, Luca Lusvarghi, Variation of splat shape with processing conditions in plasma sprayed alumina coatings, Journal of Materials Processing Technology (impact factor: 1.953), Volume 211, Issue 3, 1 March 2011, Pages 450-462.
- Kazi Sabiruddin, P.P. Bandyopadhya, Scratch induced damage in alumina splats deposited on bond coats, Journal of Materials Processing Technology (impact factor: 1.953), Volume 211, Issue 4, 1 April 2011, Pages 553-559.
- G. Bolelli, Kazi Sabiruddin, L. Lusvarghi, E. Gualtieri, S. Valeri, P.P. Bandyopadhyay, FIB assisted study of plasma sprayed splat–substrate interfaces: NiAl–stainless steel and alumina–NiAl combinations, Surface and Coatings Technology (impact factor: 1.941), Volume 205, Issue 2, 15 October 2010, Pages 363-371.
- S. Hazra, K. Sabiruddin and P. P. Bandyopadhyay, Plasma and HVOF sprayed WC–Co coatings as hard chrome replacement solution, Surface Engineering (impact factor: 1.545), Vol. 28, No. 1, 2012, Pages 37-43.
- Kazi Sabiruddin, Subhajit Bhattacharya, Santanu Das, Selection of appropriate process parameters for gas metal arc welding of medium carbon steel specimens, International Journal of the Analytic Hierarchy Process, Volume 5, Issue 2, 2013, Pages 252-267.
- Vibhor Pandhare, Pravin Rai, Bhupesh Kumar Lad, Santanu Das, Kazi Sabiruddin*,Determination of significant factors affecting the bending strength of weld joint prepared by gas metal arc welding, International Journal of Mechanical engineering and Research, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2016, Pages 1-9
- Balmukund Dhakar, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Phase stabilization of plasma sprayed alumina coatings by spraying mechanically blended alumina-chromia powders”, Materials and Manufacturing Process, 2017, Vol. 32(4), 355-364, DOI:10.1080/10426914.2016.1198028.
- Balmukund Dhakar, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Measuring Mechanical Properties of Plasma Sprayed Alumina Coatings by Nano-indentation Technique”, Materials Sciences and Technology, 2017, Vol. 33(3), 285-293, DOI: 10.1080/02670836.2016.1195643
- Balmukund Dhakar, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Influence of process parameters on the formation of phases and mechanical properties of plasma sprayed Al2O3-Cr2O3 coating”, Materials Research Innovations, Vol 21, Issue 6, 2016, pp 367-376, IF 0.83, DOI: 10.1080/14328917.2016.1265246
- Balmukund Dhakar, Akshay Namdeo, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Heat Treatment of Plasma Sprayed Al2O3-Cr2O3 Composite Coatings”, Surface Engineering, 2017, pp 1-10, IF 1.243, DOI:10.1080/02670844.2017.1316029.
- Balmukund Dhakar, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Linear reciprocating wear behaviour of plasma sprayed alumina-chromia coatings at different loading and sliding conditions”, Sadhana, Vol 42, No. 10, Oct 2017, pp 1763-1772.
- Balmukund Dhakar, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Effect of Hydrogen flow rate and stand off distance on the formation of phases in Plasma Sprayed Al2O3 Coatings”, Transactions of IMF, Vol 95, Issue 6, Sep 2017, pp 321-327.
Seminar paper presented:
- Effect of process parameters on GMAW of different steels, All India Workshop on Advances in Welding Science and Technology, July 22-23, 2005; at Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur, Howrah, West Bengal and organized by IWS (Eastern Zone).
- Balmukund Dhakar, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “A Study on Phase Stabilization and characterization of Plasma Sprayed Al2O3-Cr2O3 Composite Coatings”, International conference of Lasers and Plasma Application in Materials Science, (LAPAMS-2015), 15th -17th January, 2015, Kolkata, India.
- Balmukund Dhakar, Akshay Namdeo, Satyajit Chatterjee, Kazi Sabiruddin, “Influence of post heat treatment on the formation of phases in plasma sprayed Alumina based coatings”. International conference on Surface Modification Technology (SMT30), 29th June to 1st July 2016, Milan, Italy.
“Splat: The basis of thermal spraying”, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, January 30, 2013, ISBN-13: 978-3659316784
Title: “Promotion of Environmental Friendly Plasma Nitriding/Nitrocarburizing Process for Wear and Corrosion Resistance of Industrial Components”.
Fund: 98 lakhs
Funding Agency: Department of Science and Technology (DST)
Duration: 40 months (1/12/2013-31/03/2017