- Dr. P.R. Sagdeo(Pankaj Ramesh Sagdeo) born and brought up in India’s most beautiful city of Nagpur.
- He completed his Bachelor’s degree in 1999 from Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- After that, he did his Masters from the University of Pune, Pune in 2001.
- For his doctoral work, he demonstrates the structural origin and importance of strain responsible for various electronic and magnetic phases observed in Perovskite Oxides from UGC-DAE CSR INDORE in the year 2007.
- Along with this, he worked as a Research Associate at UGC-DAE CSR INDORE on the topic “Study of the electronic structure of Ca doped LaMnO3 using PES beamline BL-2 on INDUS-1 Synchrotron x-ray source” and “Design and development of XMCD beamline on INDUS-2 Synchrotron x-ray source” in 2007-2008.
- After completing Ph.D. Dr. Sagdeo Joined Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) in 2008 as a Scientific Officer-D where he set up the state of the art coating facilities for optical and neutron mirror applications at BARC and proudly published first research publication from BARC/DAE Visakhapatnam.
- In June 2012 Dr. Sagdeo joined the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore as an Assistant Professor.
- In IIT Indore Dr. Sagdeo is involved in Research, Teaching and established a Material Research Laboratory which works on the physics of highly correlated electron system, quantum confinements in nanocrystalline systems and scientific instrumentation development.
CURRENT WORKING POSITION
- Dr. Sagdeo is working as an Associate Professor and Head in the Discipline of Physics and has published more than 100 research papers.
- (Link google scholar- https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?hl=en&user=iQNyzkkAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate).
- Contact Details: +91 731 660 3317
- Dr. Sagdeo is having a strong hold on various important sample characterization techniques and working as a referee for various scientific journals of AIP, IOP, Elsevier, MRS, Wiley, Springer, etc.