Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy (WDS/WDX)
Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy (WDS/WDX) from OXFORD Instruments, it complements EDS by offering excellent peak separation, accurate trace element analysis, and optimized element detection for low and high energy X-rays to provide "Microprobe Accuracy on an SEM"
- Accurate quantitative analysis below 500pppm
- Less than 10eV resolution for resolving important overlaps like Sulfur/Molybdenum
- Easily and unambiguously determines the distribution of all elements in a sample even where peaks overlap
- Up to 100 times more sensitive than an EDS system for trace element detection
- Most accurate elemental analysis available for SEM
- Rivals EPMA accuracy with WD for trace elements and ED for major elements using XPP quantitative correction algorithms