MTech in Mechanical Systems Design (from AY 2018)
The Discipline of Mechanical Engineering at IIT Indore is starting 2-Year Full Time MTech Program in Mechanical Systems Design from July 2018.
The Discipline’s mission is to provide our students with outstanding and higher fundamental education coupled with applied research in Mechanical Systems Design specialization that will reflect the attributes of IIT Indore to compete successfully in the job market as well as to conduct cutting-edge research in the broad field of mechanics that will serve the Indians and the global world.
- In First Year: Students will undergo high quality, career-based postgraduate education, rigorous fundamental-applied curriculum, teaching, assignments, and term projects.
- In Second Year: Students will undertake high quality applied and translational researchwhich will result in excellent advanced research training, connected deeply with industry, in turn enhancing the quality of research and their prospects in industrial jobs.
|1st Year: Semester-I||1st Year: Semester-II|
|Dynamics and Control Systems
Dynamics and Control Systems Lab
Theory of Elasticity
Finite Element Methods
Elective – I
|Principle of Product Design
Noise and Vibration Control
Noise and Vibration Control Lab
Elective – II
Elective – III
|2nd Year: Semester-I||2nd Year: Semester-II|
|MTech Research Project (Stage-I)
|MTech Research Project (Stage-II)
Courses for Elective I, II and III
- Biofluid Mechanics
- Robotic Control Systems
- Smart Materials and Structures
- MEMS and Micro-System Design
- Industrial Automation
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Design of Laminated Composite Structures
- Micromechanics and Nanomechanics