Dr. Sandeep Singh
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indore, India.
- Ph.D., Computational Mechanics, 2017.Thesis: Multiscale modelling of graphene sheets and carbon nanotubes.
Supervisor: Prof. B. P. Patel.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India.
- M.Tech., Applied Mechanics (Gold Medallist), 2011Thesis: Linear analysis of laminated composite and sandwich plates using meshfree methods.
Supervisor: Prof. K. K. Shukla
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India.
- B.Tech., Mechanical Engineering, 2008Project: Some studies on role of weld overlays in enhancing the slurry erosion resistance of some steels.
Supervisor: Prof. Harpreet Singh
B.B.S.B. Engineering College, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar, India.
Areas of Expertise
- Solid mechanics and design,
- Finite element method,
- Theory of plates and shells,
- Computational material science,
- Multiscale modelling of nanomaterials
- 17/12/2020–Till Date: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Indore, Indore, India.
- 05/06/2017–14/12/2020: Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Science and Technology Pilani, Goa Campus, Goa, India.
- 18/01/2017–02/06/2017: Visiting Faculty, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Thapar University, Patiala, India.
- 04/07/2011–14/07/2012:Senior Engineer, Division of Compressor Design, LG Electronics Private Limited, Greater Noida, India.
- 04/08/2008–31/05/2009:Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Patiala Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala, India.
Publications in Peer-Reviewed Journals (Selected)
- Singh, B. M. Raviraj, K. D. Mali and G. Watts (2020). Elastic properties and nonlinear elasticity of noncarbon hexagonal lattice structured nanomaterials based on the multiscale modelling. ASME Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology143 (2), pn. 021006. (SCI, IF: 1.14)
- Singh (2019). Exploring the effect of dihedral energy on the nonlinear mechanics of the carbon nanotubes using a multiscale modelling, ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics141 (4), pn. 041018.(SCI, IF: 1.92)
- Singh and B. P. Patel (2018),Mathematical treatise to model the dihedral energy in the multiscale modelling of two–dimensional nanomaterials,ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics 85 (6),pn. 061003.(SCI, IF: 2.77)