- Integrated Photonics
- Silicon Photonics
- Optoelectronic Devices
- Nano-scale Devices for memory and computing
- Devices for Optical Fibre Communication and Interconnects
- Nanofabrication & VLSI Technology
- Integrated CMOS Photonics
- Bio-chemical Sensors
- Microwave Photonics
We focus on Device Innovations through novel designs and cost-effective fabrication of on-chip devices based on smart and engineered materials for future communication, computing and sensing.The group has ongoing research collaborations with leading scientists in India, UK, Italy, South Korea, France, Russia and USA.
Santosh Kumar, a PhD student under Prof. Mukesh Kumar in Electrical Engineering has been selected as one of the recipients of the IEEE Photonics Society (IPS) 2023 Graduate Student Scholarships.
Prof. Mukesh Kumar has been selected for "Scientific High Level Visiting Fellowship (SSHN)" to visit France.
Dr. Swati Rajput, a Ph.D from ONRL, has joined as DST inspire faculty at IIT Jodhpur , India.
Vishal Kaushik, a recent Ph.D graduate from ONRL, has joined postdoctoral research position in Tel Aviv University, Israel.
Prof. Mukesh Kumar has been appointed as the Associate Editor of IEEE Photonics Journal.
Sulabh Srivastava, a recent Ph.D graduate from ONRL, has joined postdoctoral research position in University of Paris-Saclay, France.
Lalit Singh, a recent Ph.D graduate from ONRL, has joined postdoctoral research position in Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Sourabh Jain, a recent Ph.D graduate from ONRL, has joined postdoctoral research position in The University of Texas, Austin, USA.
Dr. Mukesh Kumar has been appointed Adjunct Faculty in Purdue School of Engineering & Technology, IUPUI, USA.
1. S. Kumar, R.D. Mishra, A. Kumar, P. Babu, S. K. Pandey, M. Kumar, "Double-Slot Nanophotonic Platform for Optically Accessible Resistive Switching with High Extinction Ratio and High Endurance,"ACS Photonics, October 2023, DOI: 10.1021/acsphotonics.3c01289.
2. S. Rajput, V. Kaushik, P. Babu, S. K. Pandey, and M. Kumar, "All optical modulation in vertically coupled indium tin oxide ring resonator employing epsilon near zero state", Scientific Reports, October 2023, DOI: 10.1038/s41598-023-44438-3.
3. S. Rajput, V. Kaushik, P. Babu, P. Tiwari, A. K.Srivastava, and M. Kumar, "Optical Modulation via Coupling of Distributed Semiconductor Heterojunctions in a Si-ITO-Based Subwavelength Grating", Physical Review Applied, Vol.15, No.5, pp. 54029, May 2021.